Together with the Christmas tree, a holiday comes to our house. How to choose a Christmas tree?
Together with the Christmas tree, a holiday comes to our house. Whichever Christmas tree you choose - artificial or natural, it is very important that it be elegant even before we decorate it.
Which herringbone is better - live or artificial?
Our small survey showed that natural Christmas trees are more loved and popular (500 people were polled).
- 48% prefer natural Christmas trees
- 37% dress up an artificial Christmas tree
- 8% decorate the house with fir branches
- 7% have artificial spruce, but most often they decorate natural
- Every year in Moscow on the 20th of December about 400 Christmas markets
- Near Moscow forestry enterprises annually sell an average of about half a million live New Year trees
- In order to grow one tree, you need at least 7 years
- The main Christmas tree of Moscow is installed near the Kremlin wall. Its weight is 20 tons and its height is 22 meters.
How to choose and save a live Christmas tree
Fragrant fluffy with thick short needles. It remains fresh for a long time.
Beautiful shiny dark green needles. It remains fresh for a long time.
Long beautiful needles. It remains fresh for a long time.
Sold in tubs, in spring it can be transplanted into the open ground.
- The branches of a good fresh Christmas tree should be resilient and resilient. Therefore, when choosing a Christmas tree, first of all bend the branch. If it easily bends and pops, the tree is dry. Such a tree will be showered in 1-2 days.
- Tie the tree with a rope so that it does not crumble on the way home. And so that the lower branches do not fall, carry it with the top back.
- Before installing the tree, keep it in the fresh air, for example, on the balcony, for several hours. Then chop the trunk, clean it 8-10 cm from the bark and put in a bucket of water. To make the tree stand longer, put an aspirin tablet, a little salt and a spoonful of sugar in the water.
- To maximize the life of the tree, you can install it in a bucket of wet sand. A liter of water is added to a bucket of sand, in which you can put aspirin. Sand the water in 1-2 days.
With all the convenience and practicality of artificial Christmas trees, natural spruces have their advantages. They create a pleasant climate in the house. Even if the tree has long left the forest, it continues to freshen the air and fill the house with oxygen. The choice of natural firs is great. There are traditional “forest beauties” that are imported to all Christmas tree markets from forestries - not always of good quality, but alive. Trees from Denmark or Canada will cost you an order of magnitude more expensive, but they will stand for much longer.
How to choose an artificial Christmas tree
Fir tree in hoarfrost
- Check the strength of the branches and needles. Swipe the soft needles “against the hair”, and pull the hard needles. The needles should immediately straighten out and not crumble.
- The most convenient options for artificial Christmas trees (they are the most expensive) are those that are laid out like an umbrella. Others collect on branches.
- Pay attention to the material the tree is made of. There are Christmas trees with needles from paper with impregnation - it looks good, but will live no more than three years. The most popular material for artificial needles is PVC.
- Please note that low-quality Christmas trees made of synthetic materials can emit harmful chemicals. Under the influence of heat - light bulbs and candles - this effect may intensify. Ask for a certificate from the seller.
- Christmas tree should be refractory. Modern technologies make it possible to minimize the possibility of fire - good artificial Christmas trees are usually made of polymers with the addition of special substances that prevent fire. Please note that Christmas trees made of paper burn perfectly.
Now you can buy an artificial Christmas tree of any kind, quality and even color. Christmas trees for every taste: Canadian and blue, pine, fir, with cones, snowy, colored, with toys on the branches. Fir trees are brought from Germany, Italy and Holland, Taiwan and Thailand, and, of course, from China - these are the cheapest products. Squeak last season - spruce with optic fiber. Such a tree glows “from within” - branches and needles shimmer with colorful lights.
Christmas tree story
- The very first mention of the Christmas tree dates back to 1500. Dressed her up in the German province of Alsace.
- In the Middle Ages in Germany, the Christmas tree was considered the embodiment of life, so the tree was usually not chopped, but decorated right in the forest.
- The traditional New Year decorations were apples (a symbol of fertility), eggs (a symbol of harmony and prosperity) and nuts 9 a symbol of incomprehensibility of divine providence).
- The custom to decorate a Christmas tree came to Russia in the 18th century. before that, in Russia, the house was decorated with pine, spruce and juniper branches.