We organize table textile
Tablecloths and napkins will last longer and will remain in good condition if you store them in a dry place with the correct air circulation.
|Do not put textiles in plastic containers. Place table linen on shelves not too tight, after laying the wrapping paper. Separate serving napkins or wipes into sets, put them in piles and, lightly bandaging with tape or braid, put them in drawers.|
|Save or throw away?|
• SAVE cardboard base from a roll of paper towels. It is convenient to collect napkin rings on it so as not to lose them. If the rings do not fit the size of the cardboard blank, it can be cut lengthwise and rolled a little tighter, adjusted to the size of the rings.
• THROW OUT old napkins and tablecloths with too many stain-resistant stains. Leave only the best so as not to overload the shelves of the cabinets and leave more free space. The denser the laundry is laid, the stronger it will be washed.
• SAVE sachets with lavender or cedar sticks from moths, laying them on the shelves. When the sachets cease to spread aroma, do not forget to replace them with new ones.
|PHOTO: ANDREW MCCAUL|
1. BETTER SIGN .
Place heavy, voluminous tablecloths of dense materials down so that they do not crush lace or silk. The tablecloth will be crumpled less if you first fold it into three parts in width, tucking both edges to the center, put a layer of thin wrapping paper, and then fold it to the center of the edge in length. Lay out different tablecloths in size or shape in separate piles and sign each. So it will be more convenient for you to immediately get what you need for a specific case.
2. RELIABLE WAY TO PREVENT. Creasing on napkins and table paths and avoiding ironing is to hang them on individual hangers and store them in the wardrobe. Take trouser hangers and throw the napkins, laying wrapping paper between them, through a wooden plank.
3. SUSPENDED SECTIONS. If there are not enough drawers and shelves for storage, try using hanging sections with thin beams that are mounted on the doors. To make it easier to iron the tablecloth or not to iron it at all, lay it on the table the day before the celebration or hang it in the bathroom with a hot shower.
Our advice It is not necessary to iron the tablecloth before putting it on the shelf. Excessive ironing damages the fabric, but wrinkles will still form from long storage, and you will have to iron the tablecloth twice.